How do our aluminium gutters work?
The concrete gutters that are removed are replaced with a seamless aluminium pre-painted system that is attractive, durable and economical. Most importantly the 'no joints, no leaks' system is the only gutter system to gain British Board of Agreement (BBA) certification.
The continuous aluminium gutter has a BBA CERTIFICATE which gives it a life expectancy of 30 years.
Advantages of the 125mm Continuous Aluminium Pre-Painted Gutter System:
- ATTRACTIVE - Colours DO NOT FADE for 20 years
- STRENGTH - They can hold 3 times as much water as plastic
- DURABLE - 20 Year Warranty – Should last 50 years
- No fittings visible, cannot tell the visual difference to PVC except it doesn’t fade
- ENVIRONMENTALLY - Classed as “green” as it is made from hydropower and fully recyclable
- GUARANTEE - 0.9mm version has BBA certificate for 30 years
- ECONOMIC - Fit once, you won’t replace guttering for decades
- EVERLASTING - The same sealants used as used in the construction of sea walls
- TOUGH - Ogee shape makes it take the weight of a ladder
Everlasting Aluminium Gutters
Aluminium gutters can be seen in many parts of the UK installed prior to 1970. They still work perfectly and, like all well-installed continuous aluminium gutters, are still not leaking!
The HydroCoat Polyester and Polyurethane Guttering 125mm O.G. seamless and continuous aluminium gutter is extruded on-site to fit the house. The gutter machine is in a 7.5 ton truck converted to be a workshop with all the necessary HydroCoat Polyester and Polyurethane Aluminium coil components in racks.
Alu Gutter Colours
White is the prettiest colour choice, but (like all types of white gutter) will show the dirt after a number of years. Darker colours are better for long term visual effect as dirt collected over time is not as apparent. We now have the latest fashionable colour; Anthracite Grey!
LeafGuard & SnowGuard
If you never want to have to clean your gutters again, you may be interested in a product known as Leafguard and Snowguard.
Advantages of Leafguard & SnowGuard
- The leaf guard allows water to be recycled efficiently as it is so debris free.
- No leaves and small pieces can get into gutter. They just float away in the wind.
- Moss stays on top of the leaf guard and will wash over the top in heavy rain.
- Snow can’t get into gutter as the initial snow freezes on top of the mesh. As it melts it just runs off into the drain pipe.
- The leaf guard is tested to take 2ft of rain per hour!
- Long lasting (minimum 40 years).
- Leaf guard comes in different sizes to fit various gutters. It is however NOT suitable for plastic gutters.
Leafguard can be fitted in the gutter at any point; however it is more costly to fit it retrospectively.
Frequently Asked Questions
Request a Quote